Sunday, September 26, 2010

Party!

The past few days have been rather busy. I went to a farmer's market. I made banana nut muffins for the first time. I made lasagna for my brother and sister-in-law. I knit up most of my December shawl before realizing I had done it completely incorrectly and so ripped it all out and started it over again. I'm glad I did because I think it's coming along beautifully now.
The reason that I spent my first week in Apple Valley, rather than in LA, is because my father was sponsoring a table at the 19th Annual St. Mary's Gala, essentially a "Who's Who" of the High Dessert Medical scene. Although I wasn't sure what to expect, I ended up having a really fun time, mostly because it was more time I got to spend with my wonderful nephew and the rest of my family.
Also, I'll jump at any excuse to get super dressed up, eat less than amazing food, and dance super silly to a half-way decent band while surrounded by strangers. Well, maybe not any excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment