Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 3: Retail Therapy

I ended up having a rather nice day, once I forced myself to get out of the apartment. It was filled with retail therapy.
I went back to Compatto to return some unused yarn I had and ended up spending way too much money on these beautiful skeins.
The five ruby colored skeins are Rowan Lima for this cowl/shawl I might make while the multicolored one is Misty Alpaca in colorway "Red Rover." I need bright, cheery colors to keep me happy these days.

After a late BBQ lunch, I headed over to the Michael's in Santa Monica to pick up some stamp making materials, to try out this online tutorial.
 I'm really excited to try it out-- if my test stamps work out well, I'll go back to Michael's later this week to pick up some large carving blocks.

I then headed over to Barnes and Noble to kill time before going over to the Culver City crafters. While I went there looking for Euphamania, I found Walking LA, instead.
I'm excited to try out the different routes in this book! I'm going to do my best to try a different route each week--hoping to go through all of them by the end of the year. We'll see how far I get.

Finally, I met up with my friend, Josh, and we wandered into Bird Pick Tea & Herb Shop. There, we met Jennifer who walked us through the ins and outs of dozens of different teas. She was lovely and super helpful! We both went a bit crazy with our tea purchases and we couldn't be happier about it!
Here's hoping that tomorrow goes as nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment