Friday, February 11, 2011

Brief Recap

It's been over two months since my last blog post. I've been busy.

First, my college friend, Nance, came to visit and stay with me for a few days in early December. We had a blast vegging, catching up, trying different restaurants, and yarn shopping (my favorite was/is Unwind in Burbank).

She even helped me finish all my Christmas knitting and baking so I could ship everything out to NJ before the holidays.
A few weeks later, my wonderful boyfriend came to visit me in Los Angeles. He arrived on New Year's Eve and stayed until the 9th-- officially the best start to a year I've ever had. We did a fair amount of site-seeing (Hollywood, Santa Monica, driving through Beverly Hills, The Grove/Farmer's Market, Universal Studios, the Getty Center), but the best parts of the trip for me were when we read out loud to each other (Freedom by Jonathan Franzen) and watched movies together (Blue Valentine and Black Swan at theaters, Going the Distance at the apartment).
I was sad when he had to go back to NJ but fortunately I have wonderful family here to keep me distracted, along with studying for the Bar Exam, of course.


That last picture is from my typical study space at the Pepperdine Law Library in Malibu. I guess I shouldn't really complain when I have that to look at whenever I lift my head from books.

The bar exam is in 10 days. I better kick its butt this time. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment