Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Running, running, running!

In 228 days, I'm going to run the LA Marathon!


I'm pretty excited about the whole thing... I've done a bunch of research on training schedules, nutritional guides, cross-training and so forth. My best friend, Noah, is going to train for it while in NJ and we're going to run it together during his spring break. 

I've been running relatively consistently for the past month or so, made more fun with the Nike+ application on my Iphone, which tracks all of my runs. I can easily* run over 3 miles without stopping, so I'm confident that I can build up to marathon distances in the next 8 months. 

In knitting news, I've got several projects on the needles: Multnomah - I'm actually about 80% done with this shawl now-- just working on the fan and feather repeat at the bottom of the shawl.


I also started a rasberry chocolate braided scarf, though I have no pictures of it yet. =(

The garden has grown considerably in the past few months:


 Yielding beautiful tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, eggplants, and squash, thus far! There are a few more eggplants, a whole bunch more tomatoes, and some cucumbers in the works, too.


We also had an adorable visitor to the garden yesterday afternoon-- a tiny hunter, stalking and then capturing a lizard in the rose bushes. I really, really, really miss having a kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment