Finish writing in my first fluke book.
Meet people, generally.
Develop a group of friends in LA.
Live in the same city as the person I am dating (engaged to?).
Incorporate exercise into my lifestyle, in whatever form(s).
Read two books a month (for fun!).
Get a grown-up job.
Read my "12 Books in 12 Months."
Pass the CA Bar Exam.
Volunteer in the legal field.
Volunteer in a non-legal field.
Design something of my own.
Take one craft course each 2-3 months.
Get pedicures every 2-3 months.
Learn to cook more vegetarian meals.
Finish Level 1 of Rosetta Stone French.
Strengthen my Farsi reading and writing skills.
Learn to can and preserve food.
Do at least 1 "cultural" activity per month (i.e. museums).
Take a roadtrip to Portland.
Go to Yosemite National Park.
Visit San Diego.
Check out different movie theaters in LA - preferably historic/cook ones.
Continue to blog.
Go to 3 craft fairs/shows, i.e. Renegade.
Open an Etsy shop?
Finish/make a quilt.
Crotchet a granny square blanket.
See a great band, live.
My progress this year...
- Done! I finished it on February 16, 2011. I started my second one on February 26th. I finished that and started on my third in September!
- I've been working on this once since Nick and I broke up in late February. I've gone to karaoke, house parties, bars, bbqs, movie nights, breakfast clubs, and book club meetups. I'm doing new things all the time! Spending so much time with Gwen has certainly helped... I've met a bunch of new people through her since the summer time. I'm actually pretty happy where things are at in that regard.
- I definitely have a bunch of really good individual friends. Still trying to find a 'group' to join, though. I definitely feel as if I belong to Gwendolyn's group of friends, plus the group of friends with Travis and Sherwin. What can I say? I've always been a bit of a loner with the ability to walk in and out of groups.
- This goal became significantly easier to reach at the end of February. Hmm, wonder why... I must say that I'm enjoying being single very much right now. While I'm not opposed to meeting "Mr. Right," I am still very much not emotionally vulnerable for that to happen right now. And that's ok. Dating and meeting new people is fun.
- I had been pretty good about this for about 2 months but then I started working and had difficulty finding time to exercise and take care of myself. I seriously need to change this because I miss running very much.
--> I'm a tiny bit behind but thus far I've read:
- High Fidelity
- Hunger Game Trilogy
- Something Borrowed
- World War Z
- The Paris Wife
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- The Girl in Hyacinth Blue
- Ender's Game
- One Day
- The Bell Jar
- The Beauty of the Husband
- Interpreter of Maladies (short stories)
- Secret Lives of People in Love (short stories)
- The Engines of God
- Team of Rivals
- I started working for my brother's Surgical Center back in mid-September. It's challenging, but I'm learning a lot about healthcare, healthcare law, employment law, administration, and my ability to handle a shitload of stress.
- I... don't think I've read a single one. I'm awful, I know.
- Took the exam again in February 2011.
- Find out that I passed the exam on May 13, 2011!
11. Volunteer in a non-legal field.
12. Design something of my own.
13. Take one craft course each 2-3 months.
- I've certainly failed at this goal, but I did take spinning back in August. I absolutely loved it! I can't wait to buy my own spinning wheel!
- I went with my mom last weekend to get one. My feet were awfully blistered and calloused from my flats and wedges!
- Since I'm no longer dating a vegetarian, this goal isn't as important as it used to be. That said, I have been baking up a storm lately with delicacies such as apple tarte tatin, apple tart, strawberry cake, red velvet cupcakes, and cake pops!
17. Learn Spanish!!!
18. Strengthen my Farsi reading and writing skills.
19. Learn to can and preserve food.
20. Do at least 1 "cultural" activity per month (i.e. museums).
- I'm super behind on this one, though I did go to the Hammer Museum a few weeks ago.
- I plan to go to the Huntington Museum and Gardens next week!
22. Go to Yosemite National Park.
- Went to PB for Memorial Day weekend with Sarah!
- Not as frequently as I like, but I'm still at it!
- Not going to happen. I have little time and little interest.
29. Crotchet a granny square blanket.
- I'm working on this goal right now! While I haven't finished yet, I'm about 85% of the way done and will definitely be complete by the end of 2011!
- I saw Cake perform at Doheny Days Summer Festival and Carolina Liars play at the Fox Theater in Pomona!
I'm pretty happy with my progress thus far! I'll see how many more of these goals I can bang out in this last month and change of 2011.