Finish writing in my first fluke book.
Meet people, generally.
Develop a group of friends in LA.
Live in the same city as the person I am dating (engaged to?).
Incorporate exercise into my lifestyle, in whatever form(s).
Read two books a month (for fun!).
Get a grown-up job.
Read my "12 Books in 12 Months."
Pass the CA Bar Exam.
Volunteer in the legal field.
Volunteer in a non-legal field.
Design something of my own.
Take one craft course each 2-3 months.
Get pedicures every 2-3 months.
Learn to cook more vegetarian meals.
Finish Level 1 of Rosetta Stone French.
Strengthen my Farsi reading and writing skills.
Learn to can and preserve food.
Do at least 1 "cultural" activity per month (i.e. museums).
Take a roadtrip to Portland.
Go to Yosemite National Park.
Visit San Diego.
Check out different movie theaters in LA - preferably historic/cook ones.
Continue to blog.
Go to 3 craft fairs/shows, i.e. Renegade.
Open an Etsy shop?
Finish/make a quilt.
Crotchet a granny square blanket.
See a great band, live.
My progress so far...
- Done! I finished it on February 16, 2011. I started my second one on February 26th.
- I've been working on this once since Nick and I broke up in late February. I've gone to karaoke, house parties, bars, bbqs, movie nights, breakfast clubs, and book club meetups. I'm doing new things all the time!
- I definitely have a bunch of really good individual friends. Still trying to find a 'group' to join, though.
- This goal became significantly easier to reach at the end of February. Hmm, wonder why...
6. Read two books a month (for fun!).
--> I'm a tiny bit behind but thus far I've read:
- High Fidelity
- Hunger Game Trilogy
- Something Borrowed
- World War Z
- The Paris Wife
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- The Girl in Hyacinth Blue
- Interpreter of Maladies (short stories)
- Secret Lives of People in Love (short stories)
- The Engines of God
- Team of Rivals
8. Read my "12 Books in 12 Months."
- Took the exam again in February 2011.
- Find out that I passed the exam on May 13, 2011!
11. Volunteer in a non-legal field.
12. Design something of my own.
13. Take one craft course each 2-3 months.
- I went with my mom last weekend to get one. My feet were awfully blistered and calloused from my flats and wedges!
- Since I'm no longer dating a vegetarian, this goal isn't as important as it used to be. That said, I have been baking up a storm lately with delicacies such as apple tarte tatin, apple tart, strawberry cake, red velvet cupcakes, and cake pops!
16. Finish Level 1 of Rosetta Stone French.
17. Learn Spanish!!!
18. Strengthen my Farsi reading and writing skills.
19. Learn to can and preserve food.
20. Do at least 1 "cultural" activity per month (i.e. museums).
- I'm super behind on this one, though I did go to the Hammer Museum a few weeks ago.
- I plan to go to the Huntington Museum and Gardens next week!
22. Go to Yosemite National Park.
- Went to PB for Memorial Day weekend with Sarah!
- Not as frequently as I like, but I'm still at it!
- Not going to happen. I have little time and little interest.
29. Crotchet a granny square blanket.
30. See a great band, live.
Although I haven't had this list in front of me, I'm glad to say that 6 months into this new year (when the hell did that happen?!) I've actually done a number of these. I'm going to spend the rest of the year trying to do more. I doubt I'll do all of it, but I think I could do quite a number more.