Sunday, October 3, 2010

Instant Gratification

I woke up to a rather dreary morning and decided that I needed a burst of color and some instant gratification while I continued laboring on my longer projects (the crocheted blanket, the evil stepmother shawlette I had to restart, my falling leaves scarf and a newly started green wrap).

Insert these cabled fingerless gloves I decided to knit for one of the boy's sisters. Knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, this glove worked up rather quickly and enjoyably. I misread the pattern a bit though and ended up with 41 total rounds, rather than the suggested 39 so I'm debating whether or not I should go back and adjust the glove. To compensate, I only knit 8 rows of the ribbed pattern on top, rather than the called-for 10 rows, so I did end up with a glove in the size described in the pattern... I just got to it in a slightly different manner. It's late, so I'll knit the thumb tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I can't wait to go to the UCC to continue learning how to spin fiber! Ana was a great teacher last week... I just hope that I can continue teaching myself what to do in her absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment